Re: i'm having a problem while compiling squid 3.2.0.12 (since 3.2.0.6) on ubuntu server(solved)

From: Eliezer Croitoru <eliezer_at_ec.hadorhabaac.com>
Date: Thu, 22 Sep 2011 07:40:51 +0300

On 22/09/2011 03:11, Amos Jeffries wrote:
> On 22/09/11 11:59, Alex Rousskov wrote:

>>> If I'm understanding this and the bug report right, your fix was to :
>>> a) install correct dependencies
>>> b) erase the old build attempts with "make clean"
>>> c) rebuild
>>>
>>> I'm not sure what kind of code fixes we can do to help missing
>>> dependency, or partial build results. That would be what make clean was
>>> designed for.
>>

>> Hi Amos,
>>
>> The Squid bug is that steps (a-c) should not be required when Squid
>> is build without explicitly enabling SSL support or, at the very least,
>> when Squid is built with SSL support explicitly disabled. IIRC, Eliezer
>> did not want SSL support, did not have SSL libraries installed, and did
>> not explicitly enable SSL support. Yet, he got SSL-related compilation
>> errors.
>>
>> As far as I can tell, there is a "leak" of OpenSSL names into
>> unprotected Squid namespace that we need to fix. At least that is what I
>> think I saw some time ago when installing Squid 3.2 on a customer box
>> (to which I no longer have access to). It could be that I was mislead by
>> other changes or it could be that the bug I saw is already fixed, but
>> the symptoms matched those reported by Eliezer.
>>

>> HTH,
>>
>> Alex.
>
> Ah right. Doh.
>
> Amos
well i have three testing machines.
all of them ubuntu 10.04.
i have also another mahcine with debian.
also a nice machine of gentoo 32 bit.
gentoo should have anything to allow almost any thing i can thing of for
squid as compiling the main idea of the system.
by the way, is there anyone with gentoo as a testing platform?

Regards
Eliezer