Re: squid disk cache

From: pavi <paviswtz_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 8 Oct 2011 10:45:20 -0700 (PDT)

We need these information for our final project. The projects prime focus is
to enhance squids performance by moving certain cached objects among the
clustered squid array. we were able to identify and move objects between
servers by analyzing store.log and using FTP. But there are no cache hits
for those objects after the movement. we used "ufs" as storage.
As for the understanding, there should be a single reference file to match
cached objects, requested URL and/or originating server URL. this file
should be the primary contact for users who connect to squid proxy server to
access internet. then we can change its entries after moving objects among
the servers.
If this type of file exists,
1. What is it ?
2. Where it is located ?
3. How to understand, or change that file ?

if not, are there any global reference that directly access by user requests
?