Reading ACL configuration files every request

From: Andrew Beverley <andy_at_andybev.com>
Date: Sun, 06 Nov 2011 00:39:48 +0000

Hi,

I am using the ACL feature whereby the parameters can be read from a
file. For example:

acl session_day time "/var/www/announce_days.txt"

Understandably, the file only appears to be read when the configuration
file is parsed, rather than each time the ACL is checked. However, I
need it to be checked more often, as I have a system configuration
interface that writes a day of the week to the file, which subsequently
causes a splash page to be shown on a particular day. I would like
configuration to be done without having to reload the Squid
configuration file.

Would any consideration be given to a patch to check the ACL file more
often? Could/should it be an extra configuration option to check the
file each request? I appreciate that this would come with a greater
overhead. Is there a better way to achieve this?

Thanks,

Andy