Re: mswin

From: Kinkie <gkinkie_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 23 Jan 2012 12:06:19 +0100

On Fri, Jan 20, 2012 at 11:52 PM, Alex Rousskov
<rousskov_at_measurement-factory.com> wrote:
> On 01/20/2012 07:11 AM, Kinkie wrote:
>
>> Oh, and I've hit a major snag with the windows port: TypedMsgHdr
>> inherits from msghdr, which is not available on MinGW. There are
>> several variants, but in order to try and understand what can be done
>> (and if I'm up to the task) I would need to understand what is the
>> purpose of this choice..
>
> TypedMsgHdr is a raw UDS message wrapper that adds data types, socket
> descriptor passing, and other Squid-specific stuff to msghdr.
>
> Until we add a Windows-specific mechanism to pass socket descriptors on
> Windows, we should not enable SMP stuff on Windows. This means that
> either TypedMsgHdr should not be _compiled_ at all OR we should provide
> a dummy msghdr replacement on Windows and make sure TypedMsgHdr is not
> _used_ on Windows.

The problem is at build time.. there is no msghdr on Windows. So
either I emulate it via a squid-specific struct (which is what I'm
attempting), or the data model needs changes so that it owns a msghdr
instead of inheriting from one, so that on Linux it can be a msghdr,
on windows it can be something else..
Otherwise TypedMsgHdr will end up being a Swiss cheese of #ifndefs
_SQUID_WINDOWS_ ..

--
    /kinkie