Re: mswin

From: Alex Rousskov <rousskov_at_measurement-factory.com>
Date: Fri, 20 Jan 2012 15:52:03 -0700

On 01/20/2012 07:11 AM, Kinkie wrote:

> Oh, and I've hit a major snag with the windows port: TypedMsgHdr
> inherits from msghdr, which is not available on MinGW. There are
> several variants, but in order to try and understand what can be done
> (and if I'm up to the task) I would need to understand what is the
> purpose of this choice..

TypedMsgHdr is a raw UDS message wrapper that adds data types, socket
descriptor passing, and other Squid-specific stuff to msghdr.

Until we add a Windows-specific mechanism to pass socket descriptors on
Windows, we should not enable SMP stuff on Windows. This means that
either TypedMsgHdr should not be _compiled_ at all OR we should provide
a dummy msghdr replacement on Windows and make sure TypedMsgHdr is not
_used_ on Windows.

HTH,

Alex.