Re: [MERGE] config.h renaming to squid.h

From: Alex Rousskov <rousskov_at_measurement-factory.com>
Date: Fri, 20 Jan 2012 16:20:30 -0700

On 01/20/2012 12:02 PM, Kinkie wrote:
> As discussed today with Amos, here's the merge bundle for:
> - renaming squid.h to squid-old.h
> - renaming config.h to squid.h
> - reconnecting things
>
> This ipatch will avoid name clashes on Windows (and probably also
> MacOS) between config.h and various Config.h files scattered in the
> source-factor'ed subtrees (case insensitivity..)

Glad you are fixing this!

> -squid.h begins by including config.h to prepare for its sub-includes and definitions.
> +squid.h begins by including squid.h to prepare for its sub-includes and definitions.

Please remove the above squid.h repetition and check the whole paragraph
for similar problems.

> * If your code requires any symbols from here you should be importing
> - * config.h/squid.h at the top line of your .cc or .h file.
> + * squid.h/squid-old.h at the top line of your .cc or .h file.

Should we encourage squid-old.h import? Perhaps all general
documentation should tell developers to include squid.h, leaving
squid-old.h to special cases only?

> -#include "config.h"
> +#include "squid.h"

I wonder whether the new squid.h should be moved into a directory and/or
included using a directory name, to minimize the chances that we would
have to go through this again in a few years?

Thank you,

Alex.