Re: Unsupported or EoL

From: Henrik Nordström <henrik_at_henriknordstrom.net>
Date: Mon, 30 Jan 2012 20:48:00 +0100

mån 2011-12-12 klockan 18:38 +0000 skrev Joshua Brown:

> I am curious to know which versions of Squid are considered 'end of
> life' or are no longer supported, i.e., will receive no further
> security patches. Can anyone provide guidance or a link?

Bascially we support one release only. I.e. one release in testing, and
one release in stable which means Squid-3.2 (testing) and Squid-3.1
(stable) is the currently supported versions. But we are still in
transition from Squid-2 featurewise so Squid-2.7 is also supported for a
little while more.

But it's not strict policy. It may still happen that there is releases
made of older releases when we see fit, but it is not something you can
count on.