Re: Regarding an academic project work

From: Vishnu Narayanan M <vishnunm_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 30 Jan 2012 20:58:40 +0100

Sir,

This is my second mail, I had introduced myself in the first mail. I
am a final year graduate student. I am trying to implement a daily
quota management in squid proxy. I have a program which will give me
an integer return value; which I am using to decide if the quota for
the particular user has expired or not.

I have found out from internet that I can use 'Redirection Helpers' to
setup the redirection functionality that i wanted. But it is not clear
how to use it. It is said that "The helper program is NOT a standard
part of the Squid package. However, some examples are provided below,
and in the "helpers/url_rewrite/" directory of the source
distribution". But it is not clear where to place the redirection file
that I create, and how to enable this feature in squid proxy. Also, it
is not clear if this new file has to be named in some particular name.

I am planning to write a C++ program that will accept command line
input and write new url to stdout in the format "[channel-ID]
status:URL". Will this be enough for my purpose?

Thank you,
-Vishnu