Re: CoAP Methods implementation

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz>
Date: Thu, 29 Mar 2012 02:06:27 +1300

On 29/03/2012 12:29 a.m., parashuram lamani wrote:
> On Wed, Mar 28, 2012 at 3:45 PM, Amos Jeffries wrote:
>> Hi again Parashuram,
>>

>> On 28/03/2012 10:35 p.m., parashuram lamani wrote:
>>> Dear all,
>>> squid-3.2.0.16 has support for coap protocol but when i make any coap
>>> request it returns unsupported method error so i think coap methods
>>> have not been implemented, so i have decided implement some basic
>>> methods such as put, get,post and delete. can anyone guide me how to
>>> start about it.
>>
>> method errors? I only added the CoAP-over-HTTP support for relay of coap:://
>> URLs to another HTTP proxy for gateway operations to be handled by that
>> peer. Following from our last discussion about this.
>>
>> In teh current support is only HTTP over TCP operation where methods get
>> written through alongside the URL so there should not be errors involved in
>> any of that. Which makes me wonder what exactly is your attempted setup so
>> far?
> Let me explain you my setup
>
> <coap-client><----------><squid web proxy><---------><coap-server>
> <http-client>
> <http-coap-mapping>
>
> http to coap and coap to http is implemented on server side.
> all http request for coap resources are successfull. i.e if it is
> http:// request for CoAP packets (resourses) server side will first
> map it to coap request then converts entire coap response to http
> response and delivers to http client

So you have written this proxy<->server maping already? could we get a
patch audit submission for that please? this is a good stage to settle
that half the work into mainstream and check that its right with regards
to how things operate.

>> Are you attempting to receive CoAP packets and convert to an HTTP request or
>> to receive HTTP coap:// request and convert to CoAP packets?
>>
> What I am trying is just CoAP request which should return CoAP
> packets, nothing is needed to be mapped when it is coap:// request
> Amos I hope you understood my test scenario, if anything else needed let me know

You mean the client<->squid CoAP connection is what you are trying to
get going?

Relaying packets from client to server without mapping is trivial. Just
call your server component start function directly with the received
client packet and/or data. This may involve changing it a little or
adding an alternative version of it.

If you want to get adaptation, filtering, or caching you have to map to
and from Squids internal HttpRe* structures which those features make
use of.

Amos