Re: CoAP Methods implementation

From: parashuram lamani <parashuram.lamani_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 28 Mar 2012 16:59:03 +0530

On Wed, Mar 28, 2012 at 3:45 PM, Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz> wrote:
> Hi again Parashuram,
>

> On 28/03/2012 10:35 p.m., parashuram lamani wrote:
>>
>> Dear all,
>> squid-3.2.0.16 has support for coap protocol but when i make any coap
>> request it returns unsupported method error so i think coap methods
>> have not been implemented, so i have decided implement some basic
>> methods such as put, get,post and delete. can anyone guide me how to
>> start about it.
>

> method errors? I only added the CoAP-over-HTTP support for relay of coap:://
> URLs to another HTTP proxy for gateway operations to be handled by that
> peer. Following from our last discussion about this.
>
> In teh current support is only HTTP over TCP operation where methods get
> written through alongside the URL so there should not be errors involved in
> any of that. Which makes me wonder what exactly is your attempted setup so
> far?
Let me explain you my setup

         <coap-client><----------><squid web proxy><---------><coap-server>
         <http-client>
<http-coap-mapping>

http to coap and coap to http is implemented on server side.
all http request for coap resources are successfull. i.e if it is
http:// request for CoAP packets (resourses) server side will first
map it to coap request then converts entire coap response to http
response and delivers to http client

> Are you attempting to receive CoAP packets and convert to an HTTP request or
> to receive HTTP coap:// request and convert to CoAP packets?

What I am trying is just CoAP request which should return CoAP
packets, nothing is needed to be mapped when it is coap:// request
Amos I hope you understood my test scenario, if anything else needed let me know

--
Parashuram
Systems Engineer