Multiple access_logs

From: Chris Ross <cross_at_markmonitor.com>
Date: Thu, 10 May 2012 10:02:39 -0400

   Looking at 3.2, I'm trying to figure out how to have multiple
access_log's. Specifically, I want the standard on-disk one, and
a secondary copy in a database. Clearly, getting it into the
database should be done with a logfile_daemon. But, that's also
the recommendation for the on-disk one, and it doesn't look like
you can have multiple log_daemon helpers configured.

   As I see it, the options are:

   1) Use stdio, or something else, to get the on-disk version,
and write a "write to database" log_daemon (perhaps just taking
the one from 3.HEAD)
   2) Modify log_file_daemon to magically know how to do both.

   2 above seems pretty ugly, because of the lack of parameters and
reusability. #1 seems okay, but I worry that stdio is not
recommended and not the default any more, it's questionable.

   Any thoughts? Multiple log_daemon helpers, named by class like
external ACL helpers, might be the better answer long term, but
not for 3.2 clearly. Or did I miss a way to configure multiple
log_daemon helpers?

                            - Chris