Re: Multiple access_logs

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz>
Date: Fri, 11 May 2012 03:31:01 +1200

On 11/05/2012 2:02 a.m., Chris Ross wrote:

> Looking at 3.2, I'm trying to figure out how to have multiple
> access_log's. Specifically, I want the standard on-disk one, and
> a secondary copy in a database. Clearly, getting it into the
> database should be done with a logfile_daemon. But, that's also
> the recommendation for the on-disk one, and it doesn't look like
> you can have multiple log_daemon helpers configured.
>
> As I see it, the options are:
>
> 1) Use stdio, or something else, to get the on-disk version,
> and write a "write to database" log_daemon (perhaps just taking
> the one from 3.HEAD)
> 2) Modify log_file_daemon to magically know how to do both.

No magic. Just: access_log daemon:<command-line> [<format> [<acls>] ]

You can write a daemon that does both outputs and uses the parameter to
identify which.
http://www.squid-cache.org/Doc/config/access_log/

> Any thoughts? Multiple log_daemon helpers, named by class like
> external ACL helpers, might be the better answer long term, but
> not for 3.2 clearly. Or did I miss a way to configure multiple
> log_daemon helpers?

Maybe. Design plans welcome. The existing support is just a straight
port of the 2.7 series experiments.

Amos