Re: Generic helper I/O format

From: Robert Collins <robertc_at_squid-cache.org>
Date: Thu, 5 Jul 2012 16:16:52 +1200

On Thu, Jul 5, 2012 at 4:00 PM, Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz> wrote:

Why do we need backwards compat in the new protocol?

As an alternative, consider setting a protocol= option on the helpers,
making the default our latest-and-greatest,a nd folk running
third-party helpers can set protocl=v1 or whatever to get backwards
compat.

This lets us also warn when we start deprecating the old protocol,
that its going away.

-Rob