Re: BZR repository upgrade re-proposal.

From: Henrik Nordström <henrik_at_henriknordstrom.net>
Date: Tue, 04 Sep 2012 01:22:12 +0200

tis 2012-09-04 klockan 10:56 +1200 skrev Amos Jeffries:

> FWIW: I'm in favour of the upgrade, it is a large part of the build
> timeout issues on rio Debian sid build slave, it causes timeouts while
> converting the repo changes and/or downloading large portions of repo
> changeset data before for each test. It is also the reason I'm only
> working with patches as merge candidates these days.

Yes there is nothing holding back the upgrade to 2a repository format
today.

There is a 2a repository already prepared in /bzr/squid3-2a since some
years back. It's not automatically pulling changes from /bzr/squid3 at
the moment but is kept mostly up to date.

There is also an alternative layout tree at /bzr/squid3-new-2a/ which
flattens the tree to

    ../
        trunk
        3.0
        3.1
        3.2

getting rid of the CVS references and other legacy.

Switching to squid3-2a is only a matter of switching the two folders.

Switching to the alternative layout requires a bit more discussion as it
has effects on branch URLS and our scripts. It is possible to add
symlinks to allow both URL styles.

Any local branches in old format needs upgrading as well. Due to the
number of revisions i'd recommend setting up a 2a shared-repository from
the already converted tree and branch your local old format trees into
that for conversation.