Re: ICAP connections under heavy loads

From: Alex Rousskov <rousskov_at_measurement-factory.com>
Date: Wed, 05 Sep 2012 08:30:30 -0600

On 09/05/2012 03:32 AM, Alexander Komyagin wrote:
> On Tue, 2012-09-04 at 09:16 -0600, Alex Rousskov wrote:

>> Again, I hope that this trick is not needed to solve your problem, and I
>> am worried that it will cause more/different problems elsewhere. I would
>> recommend fixing CommOpener instead. If _that_ is not sufficient, we can
>> discuss appropriate low-level enhancements.
>
> Both things shall be fixed, IMHO.

If double-connect is not needed, we should not introduce it. AFAICT,
double-connect is an attempt to cope with a bug in higher-level code. We
should fix that bug and see if that is sufficient. If it is not
sufficient, we should evaluate why and only then add appropriate
low-level code if needed.

The primary goal here is to fix the underlying issue, not just to find a
workaround (which you have already provided).

Thank you,

Alex.