Re: Spaces in ACL values

From: Alex Rousskov <rousskov_at_measurement-factory.com>
Date: Fri, 14 Sep 2012 08:08:11 -0600

On 09/13/2012 09:19 PM, squid3_at_treenet.co.nz wrote:

> I think your idea of file: schema to load files is hood. Or a -f flag
> like the i flag.

The flag does not work for cases where two files are included:

    acl foo bar file:/squid/condition1 file:/squid/condition2

> I also think do that syntax change immediately without the change to
> quotes and we can have the next 3.2 releases produce an upgrade warning.
> The quotes can be scheduled for 3.3

I like the idea of adding warnings to 3.2 without changing its parser. I
am not sure it would be easy to detect all dangerous cases (without
changing the parser code much) but we can detect the most common one,
and it would be much better than nothing.

Thank you,

Alex.