Re: Spaces in ACL values

From: Marcus Kool <marcus.kool_at_urlfilterdb.com>
Date: Sun, 16 Sep 2012 12:12:01 -0300

On 09/14/2012 11:23 AM, Alex Rousskov wrote:
>>> Each approach differs in how it addresses backward compatibility:

>> > I vote for this, with a few more changes that will reduce the breakages.
> Interesting. I did not expect much support for this, but two out of
> three responses so far suggest this approach, essentially. When the dust
> settles, perhaps we should post to squid-users as well to get more feedback?

I do not like any solution that breaks things silently since it will
give you frustrated admins looking hours for solutions to a problem,
years of questions on the mailing list and many references
to a new FAQ section.

I think that admins are responsible for the configuration of Squid and that
Squid does not need a "clever" parser to guess what an admin wants.
Therefore I prefer option 2 (configuration_value_parser quoted_strings).
And with support for escaping quotes with a backslash.

Marcus