Re: StringNG merge?

From: Alex Rousskov <rousskov_at_measurement-factory.com>
Date: Mon, 05 Nov 2012 08:24:11 -0700

On 11/03/2012 06:56 AM, Amos Jeffries wrote:
> On 4/11/2012 12:55 a.m., Kinkie wrote:
>> Hi all,
>> Is it maybe time to resuscitate StringNG, with the target of merging
>> in time for 3.3?
>
> It is too late for 3.3 features and polish now.
> But 3.4 is not scheduled for branching until next March and StringNG
> should be able to make that IMO.

I hope v3.4 will be branched sooner than March 2013, but I agree that
StringNG is a good candidate for that version.

>> If we agree, any preference on how to proceed?
>
> Waiting for that agreement. Then merge.

I plan to review the current code this week. IIRC, there were doubts
whether the new string buffers support header manipulation and I/O
patterns we need. I need to double check that they do.

Thank you,

Alex.