Re: I had some troubles with all the changes lately, upgrade and other stuff. need help with this patch review

From: Eliezer Croitoru <eliezer_at_ngtech.co.il>
Date: Mon, 05 Nov 2012 21:28:03 +0200

On 11/5/2012 8:03 PM, Alex Rousskov wrote:
> On 11/05/2012 08:55 AM, Eliezer Croitoru wrote:
>
>> As I mentioned about the TCP_SWAP_FAIL_MISSS if someone can explain
>> literally or give an example of this kind of a case (outside of
>> store_url) and what should cause it?(I'm a bit confused about it).
>
> Does the following explanation help?
> http://www.squid-cache.org/mail-archive/squid-users/200104/0948.html
>
> As for a specific example, I can speculate that manually removing a ufs
> file corresponding to a cached entry should cause TCP_SWAP_FAIL_MISSS if
> that entry is later requested and found in store index (but not on disk).
>

> HTH,
>
> Alex.

Thanks Alex,

Helped me to settle a bit with my speculations.
it's kind of weird since I can see that the file is there in the store
dir and can be accessed.

 From what was explained before the store index stores keys and not url,
am I right?

Based on that what I did was to touch only the key\hash related code.
Now I'm thinking about the missing store stuff I dont know since from
ram it works fine.
The only problem I see is with ufs storage(tested ram and ufs not others).

I understood the problem same as mentioned in the mail-archive since it
was one of the sources I saw before and also basic review of *some* code.

just throwing into the air, what are the steps when trying to find a
file in cache and serve it?
1. predict the hash of the request.(if store_url present to use it)
2. lookup for the hash(get and head..) in the index?(memory? ufs? are
the same?)
3. read the file mentioned in the index from disk? by what?
(I have seen some code but not sure if it's the point I should look at)

Thanks,
Eliezer