Re: subscribe request

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz>
Date: Sat, 01 Dec 2012 17:03:16 +1300

On 1/12/2012 6:00 a.m., Bob Cochran wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'll be looking at the code to use in an embedded environment. I'll be
> looking at reducing the footprint, cross compiling, and increasing
> performance with the smaller footprint.
>
> I have been developing for over 20 years.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Bob Cochran
>
> Mind Chasers Inc.
> http://www.mindchasers.com

Welcome Bob,
   I look forward to seeing your contributions. Any questions, dont
hesitate to speak up.

AFAIK, cross-compiling is in fairly good shape since 3.2 series fixed
some big issues with auto-tools, more testing is always good though to
prove or disprove that for particular combinations.

Which aspect of footprint in particular are you looking at; binary size?
memory usage (overall / pre-request)? or VIRT memory size?

Cheers
Amos Jeffries