Partial contenet,206

From: Eliezer Croitoru <eliezer_at_ngtech.co.il>
Date: Wed, 30 Jan 2013 03:07:25 +0200

This topic was discused couple times and I want to get back to it with some highlights.
Since we want to maximize cache efficiency we must apply something that will allow partial content caching.
The situation now is kind of all or nothing.
One of the reasons for that alone is that squid stores objects in a way that dosn't allow cached files/objects manipulation.
The cache objects are in kind of RO mode but this might not be an issue for all solutions that can be offered to solve partial content caching.
Things we should be considering how much do we want to gain from partial contenet caching? a 8kb cache gain 512kb and more?
do we want a perfeft object in cache?or partial data can be inserted to a object?
I dont know how cache like varnish or orhers do this.
any ideas? I was thinking of asking the varnish developers about their approach to the subject.
Anorher issue is that the cache object id (store-id)is decided before any response is being recived from the server.
This can also be solved in a way but first before any other step please feel free to throw anything you have.(i know there was another thread in the past)

--
Eliezer