Re: Partial contenet,206

From: Reiner Karlsberg <karlsberg_at_softart-ge.com>
Date: Wed, 30 Jan 2013 10:17:58 +0100

> any ideas? I was thinking of asking the varnish developers about their approach to the subject.
> Anorher issue is that the cache object id (store-id)is decided before any response is being recived from the server.

The problem you presented here, assuming, you are pointing at range requests, is very well known to DB-design: How to
store variable long objects, and how to manage extents of these objects. So there are solutions already available.

Rock-Large could be the FS to be used for caching range requests. First of all, it is in development stage anyway: never
change running software (read: other FS). Second, for me, looking from outside, there seem to be some "hooks" already
allowing to implement extention of a cached object. So "Partial content" is a valid reason to be considered in
Rock-large developmnet, I guess.

But why do you consider it to be a problem, that store-id is decided already ahead of response ?

Cheers

Reiner

-----
This eMail does not contain any virus.
Von AVG überprüft - www.avg.de
Version: 2012.0.2221 / Virendatenbank: 2639/5567 - Ausgabedatum: 29.01.2013