[RFC] Time to talk about StringNG merge again?

From: Kinkie <gkinkie_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 29 Mar 2013 11:46:19 +0100

Hi all,
  it's been a while since the last StringNG merge checkpoint , and
several improvements were made in the meantime.

I have briefly reviewed the previous requests for changes, I don't
think there's any outstanding change requests; the new unit testing
gives encouraging results (thanks Alex & Amos!).

Feature branch is at lp:~squid/squid/stringng

Questions were raised about the merge strategy - should we include the
Tokenizer and additional stuff?
My opinion: in order to minimize the effort, I'd like to merge
everything, but marking everything but SBuf as
experimental-do-not-touch or #ifdef-d out. It'd mean either a bit of
unused shipped code or unused shipped files.

Comments?

Thanks

--
    /kinkie