Re: /bzr/squid3/trunk/ r12821: Drop terminal comments and garbage options from cache_peer lines

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz>
Date: Thu, 16 May 2013 00:55:19 +1200

On 15/05/2013 10:24 a.m., Alex Rousskov wrote:
> On 05/14/2013 12:36 PM, Amos Jeffries wrote:
>> revno: 12821
>> message:
>> Drop terminal comments and garbage options from cache_peer lines
>> modified:
>> src/cache_cf.cc
>
> May I request that future changes relaxing squid.conf checks go through
> squid-dev review so that they can be discussed and possibly stopped
> without undoing commits?

Okay, What would you like to stop about this one?
  - enabling of #comment on cache_peer lines?
  - loudly warning about unknown options? (ie all SSL options when
non-SSL proxy loading the config, monitor-URL options on Squid-3, HTCP
options when HTCP build-time disabled).

FWIW: this was the very last outstanding patch for working around
missing squid-2 config backward compatibility. From here on out they
will probably all be HotConf and cachemgr configurator project new
additions, or actual ports of the squid-2 features.

Amos