Re: Dmitry Kurochkin

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz>
Date: Wed, 24 Jul 2013 12:55:26 +1200

On 24/07/2013 5:18 a.m., Alex Rousskov wrote:
> It is with great sadness I inform you that Dmitry Kurochkin died in a
> skydiving accident a few days ago. Dmitry was an avid skydiver, with
> more than 360 jumps and some regional records behind him. He loved that
> sport.
>
> Dmitry's recent contributions to Squid include code related to HTTP/1.1
> compliance, SMP scalability, SMP Rock Store, Large Rock, Collapsed
> Forwarding, and FTP gateway features. He also worked on automating Squid
> compliance testing with Co-Advisor and Squid performance testing with
> Web Polygraph.
>
> Dmitry was a wonderful person, a talented developer, and a key member of
> the Factory team. He was a pleasure to work with. We miss him badly.
>

> Alex.

It is with regret and sadness that I read this announcement. Although
for most of us he worked largely in the background behind the Factory
umbrella the results of his input to the Squid Project have been greatly
valued and prized by many and shall continue to be so far into the
future. The gap he leaves is immeasurable for the loss of any one of us
affects the whole world in ways we cannot even imagine.

Consolations to his friends and family, we share their loss. Blessings
upon him, wherever he has departed for.

Amos Jeffries