url_rewrite_program in Squid 3.4

From: Marcus Kool <marcus.kool_at_urlfilterdb.com>
Date: Sat, 09 Nov 2013 12:20:32 -0200

Hi,

I noticed that 3.4.0.2 uses a new protocol for the url_rewrite_program
that is incompatible with previous versions of Squid.
I am updating ufdbGuard, a URL redirector for Squid, for Squid 3.4
to support the new protocol of Squid version 3.4.

I read
http://www.squid-cache.org/Versions/v3/3.4/cfgman/url_rewrite_program.html
and was utterly surprised to read that a URL redirector must return
    ERR
to indicate that the URL is fine and does not need to be redirected,
and must return
    OK [status] url="newurl"
for a URL that needs to be redirected.

One would expect that ERR is used for an error, not for something
that is the opposite of an error.
Is there a chance that the protocol reply "ERR" can be changed into
something logical like "PASS" or "UNCHANGED" ?

Furthermore, I suggest that the BH status code gets a parameter,
a quoted string explaining what is happening with the URL redirector.

Thanks
Marcus