Re: url_rewrite_program in Squid 3.4

From: Marcus Kool <marcus.kool_at_urlfilterdb.com>
Date: Tue, 12 Nov 2013 10:02:43 -0200

On 11/12/2013 09:41 AM, Amos Jeffries wrote:

>>> You can return OK without the url=, status= or rewrite-url= keys.
>>>
>>> url= is only required *if* the URL is being redirected.
>>> rewrite-url= is only required *if* the URL is being rewritten.
>>
>> Thanks for the explanation. This means that the information on
>> http://www.squid-cache.org/Versions/v3/3.4/cfgman/url_rewrite_program.html
>> is not correct since url= and rewrite-url are not optional.
>> I suggest to update this page to include that the result
>> "OK"
>> is meant for "no URL modification / PASS".
>>

> Ah, them docs. I keep looking at the wiki docs for helper protocol:
> http://wiki.squid-cache.org/Features/AddonHelpers
>
> Okay, config manual updated.
>
> Amos

I hit refresh in the browser, but did not see an update for
http://www.squid-cache.org/Versions/v3/3.4/cfgman/url_rewrite_program.html
Is there a delay in the update?

Reading http://wiki.squid-cache.org/Features/AddonHelpers
I observed another inconsistency between
http://wiki.squid-cache.org/Features/AddonHelpers
and
http://www.squid-cache.org/Versions/v3/3.4/cfgman/url_rewrite_program.html
which is that in the spec of AddonHelpers states to use a bare URL on a rewrite
while 3.4/cfgman states to use a kv url="URL".
Since you looked at the wiki I assume that the base URL is correct.
Can you confirm this?

Thanks
Marcus