Re: url_rewrite_program in Squid 3.4

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz>
Date: Wed, 13 Nov 2013 09:19:39 +1300

On 2013-11-13 01:02, Marcus Kool wrote:

>>> Thanks for the explanation. This means that the information on
>>> http://www.squid-cache.org/Versions/v3/3.4/cfgman/url_rewrite_program.html
>>> is not correct since url= and rewrite-url are not optional.
>>> I suggest to update this page to include that the result
>>> "OK"
>>> is meant for "no URL modification / PASS".
>>>

>> Ah, them docs. I keep looking at the wiki docs for helper protocol:
>> http://wiki.squid-cache.org/Features/AddonHelpers
>>
>> Okay, config manual updated.
>>
>> Amos
>
> I hit refresh in the browser, but did not see an update for
> http://www.squid-cache.org/Versions/v3/3.4/cfgman/url_rewrite_program.html
> Is there a delay in the update?

Yes, those docs are generated from the release code. So when 3.4.0.3
comes out the site will change.

> Reading http://wiki.squid-cache.org/Features/AddonHelpers
> I observed another inconsistency between
> http://wiki.squid-cache.org/Features/AddonHelpers
> and
> http://www.squid-cache.org/Versions/v3/3.4/cfgman/url_rewrite_program.html
> which is that in the spec of AddonHelpers states to use a bare URL on a
> rewrite
> while 3.4/cfgman states to use a kv url="URL".
> Since you looked at the wiki I assume that the base URL is correct.
> Can you confirm this?

I'm not sure exactly what you mean by this. I assume its the [URL] entry
in the AddonHelper response syntax?

The old response syntax is still supported. That had a bare URL for
rewrite and a status:URL pair for redirect. That has been changed to
either a "status=N url=X" pair for redirect or a "rewrite-url=X" for
rewrite in the new syntax.
  AddonHelpers mentions the two syntaxes since it covers all supported
versions. The config manual only mentions the preferred syntax for the
latest version unless you drill down to older release series manuals.

Amos