Re: [RFC] rename mime.conf

From: Eliezer Croitoru <eliezer_at_ngtech.co.il>
Date: Sun, 17 Nov 2013 04:30:35 +0200

On 17/11/13 04:17, Amos Jeffries wrote:
>> Instead of jumping to change the file name can we*try* to "ping" these
>> >package distributors\maintainers and notify them that there is a meaning
>> >to this file name?(2 pings and then drop the route...)?
> I have been doing so every few months or so for the last ~5 years. Even
> sending patches against their packaging. Some changed, some didn't.
>
> Amos

OK then!
It's a strike two for them.
I do not know exactly what they do think about the naming but it appears
to me that if it was changed in at-least one major\big player then there
is no need to change it.

If package maintainers do not actually make the basic efforts it is now
in our hands to turn the tables upside and make it an essential part
while forcing them to acknowledge the meaning of the file.

I am not a big fan of changes and especially for the mentioned reasons
but 5 years it's *out* for the employer of the packager.

For The RPM I am maintaining I will try to not forget looking at it but
I always like a small reminder and a patch is not a default for me.

Eliezer