Re: SUSE build of squid.

From: Kinkie <gkinkie_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 7 Jan 2014 17:01:17 +0100

Hi Eliezer,
  I suspect you are seeing the ill interactions of the -march=native
flag with a paravirtualized environment (such as most of our
RackSpace-sponsored nodes): a paravirt environment doesn't implement
the full instruction set advertised by the processor. You may want to
try the --disable-arch-native configure option (which on 64 bit
systems is at most an optimization, while it is now necessary on
32-bit systems).

On Tue, Jan 7, 2014 at 1:42 AM, Eliezer Croitoru <eliezer_at_ngtech.co.il> wrote:
> I will probably release a RPM of 3.4.3 for CentOS and not older due to the
> basic nature of the in-depth tests I am conducting.
>
> I have tried to build squid on SLES but the development environment
> compiling is not documented in any place I was looking for and SUSE
> representative did not answer my mail yet.
> I am unsure why it's like that but I am almost sure it's due to the basic
> dact that my Laptop was not suppose to be used with UBUNTU and was supposed
> to be locked only for SLED, windows and RH.
>
> I have installed OpenSUSE on my XEON server and it is building fine and also
> running.

[...]

    /kinkie