Re: SUSE build of squid.

From: Eliezer Croitoru <eliezer_at_ngtech.co.il>
Date: Wed, 08 Jan 2014 03:13:18 +0200

Thanks.

I have used the "disable-arch-native".
the results:
> ./squid -v
Squid Cache: Version 3.4.2
configure options: '-disable-arch-native' '--prefix=/home/elico/opt/squid'

and which I am very happy with.

It's seems like the a 64 bit compilation is possible on the suse node
and maybe later I will be able to provide a RPM for OpenSUSE later on.

The main issue with any packaging of squid is the basic dependencies for
the more "external" parts of the software.
I am talking about scripts, helpers, others.
These are indeed bundled with squid sources but require more from the
system.
On most development environments you would have all the needed tools and
if not it will be very "simple" to install compared to running systems.

As I understood the "-fPIC" flag will fit for allowing the code to be
more kind of "dynamic" in it's memory location and portable.

I am looking for the right words for the flag "PIC".

Eliezer