Re: Establish connection to server when receiving client connection in Squid

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz>
Date: Wed, 09 Apr 2014 18:49:47 +1200

On 9/04/2014 6:31 p.m., m.shahverdi wrote:
> Hi,
> I have changed squid 3.3.11 in order to establish the connection to server
> immediately after receiving client connection. I removed "peer selection"
> because I didn't want it. Now squid works well when I haven't concurrent
> requests but when I send 4 concurrent requests for example, processing of
> each of the first 3 requests is stopped and next request is accepted.
> Therefor only the last request is processed completely. Stopping of
> concurrent requests occurs when "connopener::comm_connect_address" returns
> "COMM_INPROGRESS".

How and *Why* have you done this?
 The client and server connections in HTTP are not related to each other.

COMM_INPROGRESS is the response indicating that asynchronous work is
underway and the current transaction needs to wait for it to complete.
In this case the work of connecting to some server IP.

Amos