Re: How long is a domain or url can be?

From: Eliezer Croitoru <eliezer_at_ngtech.co.il>
Date: Thu, 01 May 2014 06:50:08 +0300

On 05/01/2014 02:52 AM, Marcus Kool wrote:
> Eliezer,
>
> It is not clear what you want to achieve... If you just want to use a
> URL filter
> I suggest to use ufdbGuard. I am the author, give support, there are
> regular
> updates, it is multithreaded and holds only one copy in memory, and has
> a documented
> proprietary database format which is 3-4 times faster than squidGuard.
>
> Marcus
Thanks Marcus,

I am looking at couple things:
I want to understand how SquidGuard was filtering data and doing policy
stuff (since i am not able to think alone).
I will try to look at ufdbGuard but now I know I can ask you if not
SquidGuard team.

Is it possible with ufdbGuard to update the DB without the need to
reload or do anything?

(is it ok to ask you in private?)

Thanks All,
Eliezer