Re: Unwanted Attention

From: Miguel A.L. Paraz <map@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 17 Jun 1996 12:36:22 +0800 (GMT+0800)

Donald Neal wrote:

> I suggest a short-term fix pending a far more intelligent version of ICP.

I agree -- not just UDP_GETLOST -- but something that says
"don't ask me for it, try someone else" -- and suggest another cache
host.

I suggested this some time ago since I want to parent for domains
that fall under .org.ph, com.ph, .net.ph --- but NOT ALL -- because
I do not provide connectivity to all of them.

> Self-funding caches like cache1 could then have the period set to a month
> or more.

Then this info would have to be stored in a persistent database, or
stuffed into some config file.

--
miguel a.l. paraz <map@iphil.net>              (speaking for myself alone)
technical services manager, iphil communications, makati city, philippines