Re: Logfile analysis scripts

From: Peter Childs <pjchilds@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 18 Jun 1996 02:41:48 +0930 (CST)

In article <4q406f$gli@al.imforei.apana.org.au> you wrote:

: I have a small problem with the logfile analysis scripts. After I finally
: found out that the scripts didnŝt like the httpd-ish logfiles I got them

 Yes.. that caught me too :)

: to give me some statistics on Client Usage and others. The only thing
: that still doesn't work is the Top 25 listing.

 I find that initially this worked, then as the logs grew a little
 (we are only a small site) that perl started core dumping
 (perl 5.002 under FreeBSD 2.1-stable)

 I haven't had time to check it out, but i think the perl uses
 associative arrays it builds on the urls, and that these just
 get way too big with big logs..

 You can see my personal squid cache at

  http://www.imforei.apana.org.au/cgi-bin/cache-stats

 And the one that has perl dumping (my parent cache) at

  http://www.sa.apana.org.au/cgi-bin/cache-stats

 I'm interested what the numbers are next to the top 25
 hits, because they sure aren't hits :)

 Peter

--
 Peter Childs  ---  http://www.imforei.apana.org.au/~pjchilds
  The internet is full, please try again in half an hour...