automatic registration of the Squid cache

From: Guillaume Pierre <pierre@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 18 Jun 1996 14:52:23 +0200

Hello,

When you look at the Squid config config file about the automatic
registration service, you can read «By default, the annoucement
message is NOT SENT unless you enable it with 'cache_announce' below.»

I did NOT enable these lines, but I had the surprise to find my cache
in the list of registrated caches
(http://www.nlanr.net/Cache/Tracker/caches/). The existence of this
cache is not meant to be a secret, but I would have liked to know
about this registration. So I ask the following questions : why did my
cache send the registration ? Is it a bug of Squid, or did I something
wrong?

--
Guillaume PIERRE
INRIA Projet SOR - B.P. 105 - 78153 Le Chesnay Cedex - FRANCE