Re: cache not up to date

From: Duane Wessels <wessels>
Date: Tue, 18 Jun 96 07:52:48 -0700

kra1@ds5000.technodat.co.at writes:

>I use Squid beta17 on a DEC OSF machine. Our old cache is a CERN 3.0 on anothe
r.
>Each day, I call the wheather forecast with Netscape 2.02. When I use
>S)quid, I always get the pages from last day - to get the actual pages, I
>have to do a Reload.
>Using CERN, I always get the right (=todays) pages.
>I use the squid.conf nearly unmodified, only one parent at EUnet/Vienna
>(it's also Squid) is entered.
>
>any ideas?

Hi Christian,

Here's what the headers from http://www.univie.ac.at/ZAMG/austr.htm
look like:

    HTTP/1.0 200 OK
    Date: Tue, 18 Jun 1996 14:37:00 GMT
    Server: Apache/1.0.3
    Set-Cookie: s=proxy8398835108620942; path=/

Note, there is no "Expires" or "Last-Modified" line. Without those,
Squid chooses a default TTL, maybe one week. If you want this
page to not get cached, you can change your configuration to read
something like:

    http 4 0
    ttl_pattern . 0 20% 1440

IMHO, the admins at www.univie.ac.at should set up their server
to return an Expires header with that page so the caches don't
have to guess about it.

Duane W.