Re: cache not up to date

From: James R Grinter <jrg@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 18 Jun 1996 13:02:54 +0000

On Tue 18 Jun, 1996, Christian Krackowizer <kra1@ds5000.technodat.co.at> wrote:
>different cache-systems. When I access through Squid-cache, Squid doesn't
>recognize that the html-page is already superseded, CERN-Cache does it!

I think this comes down to the last-modified factor that CERN uses,
as against a more general ttl that Squid applies to any document
that doesn't have an Expires: header.

Maybe when Squid is storing the LM value for the purposes of IMS requests
it will start using it for deciding when to expire the object from the
cache.

-- jrg.