retention of html types on reload

From: Dirk-Jan Koopman <djk@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 25 Jun 1996 15:04:45 +0100 (BST)

Due to an oversight I accessed an URL on my server which was returned as
'text/plain' (correctly, 'cos it didn't recognise the trailing .htm as
opposed to .html).

However, this document is now permanently cached as 'text/plain' and will
not reload correctly as 'text/html' even though the server is correctly
serving it as such.

Short of clearing the cache completely (I have not been able to persuade
squid to accept requests from a cachemgr.cgi running on the squid machine,
but accessed via another machine in my domain and having seemingly added
the correct machine names to the access list a la !localhost).

Dirk