Netscape uploads of binary data fail

From: Steve Gaarder <gaarder@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 1 Jul 1996 17:26:50 -0400 (EDT)

Netscape includes a 'file upload' feature which lets users include the
contents of a file as part of form data to be POSTed. We have CGI
scripts that rely on this feature, but they do not work when binary
files are POSTed via Squid (beta 11). It appears that the problem is
that post data is assumed to be text and string functions such as
xstrdup are used. I see this in the routine httpSendRequest.
Before I plunge in and hack the code, I have a couple questions:

- Is this fixed in a later version? To be fixed soon?

- Where else might I need to make similar changes?

- Anything I'm missing?

thanks,

Steven Gaarder Network and Systems Administrator
gaarder@actech.com A C Technology, Ithaca, N.Y., USA