Re: Problem with FTP II

From: Henrik Nordstrom <henrik.nordstrom@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 03 Jul 1996 12:57:33 +0200

Hello Thomas,

I am not sure if I understand your setup fully, but here are
what I think you have, and want to do...

You are inside a firewall. Does this firewall forward traffic?
if it does, then you do not need to use inside_firewall. inside_firewall
forces Squid to use a parent for all requests outside the firewall
(it is not possible to override this) and should be used only when
you can't (or is not allowed to) contact other sites directly if
outside your firewall.

You have one parent which does not accept FTP proxy requests. Here you
should use the cache_host_acl (I forgot about this tag in my earlier answer)
to tell Squid to not use that parent for FTP requests.

If you are in the "messy" situation that your firewall does not forward
HTTP traffic from/to your Squid host but forwards FTP and other protocols,
then you have no choice other than to manually hack the Squid source to
disable the inside_firewall check for ftp requests.

---
Henrik Nordström