Virtual Accelerator (was: Re: Squid and http server on the same machine)

From: Robert Kiessling <robert@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 5 Jul 1996 16:24:37 +0200 (MET DST)

lukeh@xedoc.com writes:
> Or, you could run the real http server on another port (eg. 81)
> and run Squid as a http accelerator and proxy. I seem to recall
> there were some reasons why you wouldn't want to do this
> with Harvest, but we're running both (ie. accel+proxy) without
> any problems.

Which has the serious drawback that virtual hosts are not
supported. Or am I wrong?

I'd like to have one Squid running in proxy+accelerator mode on a
machine with several IP addresses. The request should be forwarded
differently depending on the IP address the client is connecting to.

Is there anything planned to support this?

Robert

--
Robert Kiessling                               Easynet DV GmbH
network administrator                          Naegelsbachstr. 25