IP numbers in URLs

From: Bernhard Duebi <B.Duebi@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 10 Jul 1996 17:52:13 +0200 (METDST)

Hi everybody,

Philips has a worldwide company WAN. Within this Intranet there are many web
servers. Most of them are not known in the DNS, so they are referenced with IP
numbers.
I have two non squid/harvest parents. One is a firewall and the other is
somewhere in the WAN. The firewall rejects all requests to servers within
philips.com. My idea was, to fetch all URLs within the WAN and philips.com
(this is not the same) form the proxy and everything else from the firewall.
Though I setup the follwing rule:

cache_host firewall.philips.com parent 80 7
cache_host proxy.philips.com parent 80 7
cache_host_domain firewall.philips.com !.philips.com

But how can I tell squid/cached to fetch URLs with IP numbers only from the
proxy and not from the firewall ?

TIA
Bernhard

Philips Semiconductors