Re: TCP_IFMODSINCE

From: Guenther Fischer <guenther.fischer@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 18 Jul 1996 20:36:20 -0100 (GMT-0100)

On Thu, 18 Jul 1996, Henrik Nordstrom wrote:

> Uncacheabe hits as TCP_REFRESH (generated on Pragma: no-cache).

I remeber an old question about that:

If squid get a request with Pragma: no-cache -> squid has to get it DIRECT,
but I think (wish?) squid should it use to refresh cached copies of this
URL.
Often it happens, that we found an old page and the user does a Reload or
Shift Reload. Both do Pragma: no-cache. If squid doesn't update the cache
the next user gets the old page again.

How is it?

        ~Guenther