Re: Memory requirements, 3GB cache

From: Miguel A.L. Paraz <map@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sat, 27 Jul 1996 00:35:45 +0800 (GMT+0800)

Stephen R. van den Berg wrote:

> I don't really see where the link speed comes into it. It only puts
> a limit on the number of concurrent sessions and the temporary RAM
> storage needed to support those.

I figure that with a slow link, swapping out to disk when running
out of physical RAM is not a problem. The machine is currently
out of commission as it has had some other problems, so I can't
give you the swap utilization statistics. If I remember right, it
had 128 MB of swap.

But don't quote me on it, I'm not an OS guru by any stretch of the
imagination. ;)

--
miguel a.l. paraz <map@iphil.net> / iphil communications / PGP keyID 0x43F0D011