Re: Memory requirements, 3GB cache

From: Ong Beng Hui <ongbh@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sat, 27 Jul 1996 09:22:47 +0800 (SST)

> well, i've been testing with 34GB of disk, but that is only testing.
> Mainly trying to get a feel for the best combination of stripes/multiple
> cache directories. The striping is winning, and with the modifications
> for cache dir structure in 1.1 would be better yet.

Do you have any stats on that ? Like for instance,
how much faster, how do you go about stripping the
disks ?

I am using Harvest Cache V2 and I am using a DEC 4100
here with 3 channel RAID card. I am trying to test
the performance without stripping.

Our production machine here is also a DEC 4100 and
we strip 3 disks with just 2 SCSI channel. Performance
is okay with 1 million plus hit per day.

*8)
Ong Beng Hui
ongbh@singnet.com.sg
...Yet Another Day in a ISP Business