Re: < ftp-problem with windows-nt ftpserver >

From: David DeSimone <fox@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 2 Aug 1996 11:34:44 -0500

Jason Haar <jason@oit.co.uk> wrote:

> I don't know how much work we (well you ;-) should do to accomodate
> these no-standard FTP servers - I mean - where will it end?
>
> Try this one for example:
>
> ftp://koobera.math.uic.edu/
>
> How many more like that are out there??

The server you mentioned is operating with the allegedly up-and-coming
EPLF list format. That stands for "Easily Parseable List Format", and
it is intended to solve exactly this problem, of ftp servers whose
directory listings are difficult to parse!

You can find information about this format at

  http://info.internet.isi.edu:70/in-drafts/files/draft-bernstein-eplf-00.txt

--
David DeSimone    | "The doctrine of human equality reposes on this:
fox@convex.hp.com |  that there is no man really clever who has not