Re: prefetching using cache-server statistics

From: Eric Wieling <ewieling@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 2 Aug 1996 13:10:42 -0500 (CDT)

Some time ago Jaeyeon Jung said:

> Yes, but I think prefetching can improve current caching system,i.e hit ratio,
> bandwith utilization( though it defeats the caching principle.)
>

> > I don't think prefetching objects make sense, just a gut feeling but I
> > think it defeats the caching principle.

We are a small ISP and we have a "Customer Home Page" where we place
information of user to our customer. We also place links to
interesting and usefull places on the net. It would be nice to have
a small stand alone program that could, given a base URL and a number
specifying how many levels deep it should go, just go out and get the
pages via Squid.

--
Eric Wieling
Advanced Network Research