RE: using acl patterns

From: Paul Borgermans <pborgerm@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 7 Aug 1996 20:33:26 +-200

Hi Alexander,

Your experience is the normal behaviour:

acl pattern only checks the PATH in the URL,
not the host.

Use the acl dstdomain to exclude hosts with a certain domain (checked this for Squid 1.1alpha7).
Be aware though that you cannot use patterns for matching hosts, only a domain.

Maybe pattern matching could be a nice feature
for acl dstdomain as the host is taken from the URL.

Users could always try to to a dnslookup and further
use the raw IP address. In that case you would need to
use acl dst too to exclude these IP addresses. But if not, could be rather discouraging.

Cheers

Paul