Re: Most than 1 million Req per day

From: Ong Beng Hui <ongbh@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 13 Aug 1996 19:31:44 +0800 (SST)

> >Hmm... That's sounds interesting. Sorry, but I am
> >use Harvest here, and Harvest doesn't seems to
> >have such a feature.
>
> If you're still using harvest, you should really think about changing to
> squid. You will lose your cache data, but our experience shows it only
> takes a few days to get it back :-), and it's a much improved product.

Oh.. I am using the Commercial Version of Harvest.
So, losing Cache Data doesn't happen anymore.

> P.S. I think the ICP piggybacking was intro'd as far back as 1.0alpha.
> It is a *great* idea.

Yes, indeed. But I worry for it's use over the internet.
I think it is nice for machines that are close to each
other with a high speed link. For instance, neighbors
on the same FDDI ring.

*8)
Ong Beng Hui
ongbh@singnet.com.sg